[NTG-context] compiling complex file

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 22 10:45:57 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:21:15 +0100
andrea valle <valle at di.unito.it> wrote:

> (I'm sorry, Hans, Taco, I' ve already sent it, always with some posting
> problems, so there are 2 posts to be approved by moderator: I tried to
> remove them but the process failed).
>

> Dear ConTeXter,
>
> I'm having some troubles in compiling a document.
>
> I'm writing a short book (a tutorial). I writing each chapter on a
> separate file, then I have a main file using this kind of structure
>
> \input stile
> \input 00.introduzione
> \page
> \input 01.scGrado0
> \page
> \input 02.architettura
>
> Where \input is used to insert each chapter.
>
> Also, I'm using a sort of style file defining the setups, and I'm
> inputting it as the first line of my "main.tex" file.
>
> Some chapters contain long framed \type parts (it's a book on a
> programming language), filling an entire page. When I compile each
> chapter file, I have no problem.
> But I can't compile the main file. ConTeXt keeps on adding blank pages
> on blank pages (total is approx. 100 pages, I stopped ConTeXt at 635).
> I guess it could depend on framed \type but can't understand how to
> solve it.
> Here one of the most "difficult" files. By itself it compiles properly
> (perfectly...I like it).
>
> http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/03.oggetti.tex
>
> Here the compiled file (it uses a lot of images and other stuff so you
> can't compile it):
>
> http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/03.oggetti.pdf
>
> Here the style file:
>
> http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/stile.tex
>

> Here the main file:
> http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/main.tex
>
> Many thanks as usual
>
> -a-

Hi Andrea,

TeX has problems to find your documents, this is no problem when you
compile them alone, but TeX means after the \input command you have a
file with the name "00.introduzione" with "00" as filename and
"introduzione" as file type. You should try to use something else as
seperator between the number and the text in your filenames like "-".

You should also try to use ConTeXts own commands for documents
structures as Aditya told you in the other post.

Wolfgang