[NTG-context] \sf and bigggg fonts

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Mar 7 16:38:13 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Xan wrote:

> En/na Aditya Mahajan ha escrit:
>> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Xan wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to have the equivalent in \sf in context?. I tried \sf
>>> and I get an error. Strange because \sl, \bf, etc exist
>>
>> \ss? (I am not sure what \sf is supposed to be, so just guessing)
>>

> \sf is Sans Serif (latex)
> [\rm roman, \tt typewriter, \sl slanted, \emph empasized, \it italic \bf
> boldface; see "a not so short intro to latex" for example]

\ss is plain tex's font command for sans serif, and works with
context. I do not know why latex chose \sf (sffamily, textsf) instead
of ss.

>>> And another question: how to make very big fonts (for example: 60pt) in
>>> text and mathematical mode? I just want to change the font temporally
>>> (and don't touch \setupbodyfont)
>>
>> \switchtobodyfont inside a group will change the font temporarily. For
>> using very large fonts, you may have to define the font dimension in
>> \definebodyfont or \definebodyfontenvironment.
>
> Okay.
>
> Thanks,
> Xan.
>
> PS: A couriosity: is there a roadmap of versions/features for context?.
> I see that context is continously improved....

An old document http://pragma-ade.com/present/road/roadmap.pdf
and recent changes http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mk.pdf

AFIAU, new features are based on user's requests and Hans' needs.

Aditya