[NTG-context] Some questions about context

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 10 08:45:01 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 00:00:38 +1100
Robin Kirkham <robin.kirkham at csiro.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Moreover, how do you get a rule in the header that extends from the
> left of the left margin, right across to the right of the right
> margin (including the gaps in between)?
> Cheers,
> Robin
> On 06/03/2007, at 10:00 PM, ntg-context-request at ntg.nl wrote:
> > From: Oliver Buerschaper <oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de>
> > Date: 6 March 2007 9:19:23 PM
> > Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Some questions about context
> >
> >> And another question (in other topic): how we can do lines at
> >> header and
> >> footer like fancyheaders in latex?
> >
> > For your headers try this:
> >
> > \setupheader
> > 	[text]
> > 	[after=\hrule]

Hi Robin,

I tried to make something working and came to the following three
methods to draw a rule under the header at the whole pagewidth.

If you use ConTeXts default layout with different margins you should
use bigger values for the rulewidth than only pagewidth.

setbounds currentpicture to unitsquare xyscaled (\the\paperwidth,\the
\headerheight); draw (0,0)--(\the\paperwidth,0);

  [\vrule height\headerheight width0pt%
   \vrule width\paperwidth height 0.4pt\relax]

\input knuth