[NTG-context] Line spacing in footnotes

Oliver Buerschaper oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de
Tue Mar 13 08:27:41 CET 2007

>> is there a way to influence the linespacing of the footnote block?
>> I'd like to typeset it in 9pt/11pt while the main text is set to
>> 12pt/
>> 14.5pt (using an OpenType font) ... Any help highly appreciated!
>
> If you just want a smaller font size
>
> \setupnotedefinition
>    [footnote]
>    [style=small]
>
> or if you also want to set interline space
>
> \setupnotedefinition
>    [footnote]
>    [before={\switchtobodyfont[9pt]\setupinterlinespace},
>     after{\endgraf}]
>
> You can also pass parameters to \setupinterlinespace to get the
> precise spacing that you want.

Thanks for your quick reply, Aditya. I'm afraid this doesn't quite
work as expected ... the line spacing isn't changed at all here :-
( This is my setup:

\setupnote
	[footnote]
	[before=, % remove blank line before
%	 bodyfont=9pt,
	 command=, % this disables the superscript
	 n=0] % footnote block as a single paragraph
\setupnotedefinition
	[footnote]
	[location=serried,
	 before={\switchtobodyfont[9pt]\setupinterlinespace[line=11pt]},
	 after={\endgraf},
	 distance=1ex,
	 headstyle=\ss\bf]

Also I'm somewhat puzzled ... why put these before and after commands
in \setupnotedefinition rather than \setupnote? As far as I can tell
\setupnote already has a bodyfont option (but none for the line
spacing) ... also I always thought that \setupnotedefinition refers
to a description and controls the way a single footnote is typeset
while \setupnote is supposed to influence the whole block ... On top
of that does the \endgraf command conflict with the n=0 option in
\setupnote?

Oliver