[NTG-context] \chemical{} + \title{}

Tobias Burnus burnus at net-b.de
Tue Mar 20 18:00:04 CET 2007

Hi,

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 3/20/07, Tobias Burnus wrote:
>
>> I'd like to typeset a chemical compound in a \chapter. However, when I
>> try so, all elements are shown in italics.
>>
>> Example:
>> -------------------
>> \usemodule[chemic]
>> \title{Chemical \chemical{La_{1-x}Ca_xCoO_3}}
>> Chemical \chemical{La_{1-x}Ca_xCoO_3}
>> \end
>> -------------------
>>
> You can check the ideas on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chemistry.
> reference: http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060628.174414.91c8b353.en.html

This is indeed a possibility. But I still regard it as bug that PPCHTeX
uses italic in the title. (The title itself is *not* italic, I'm also
not asking that the font/style should follow the surrounding text,
though a \setupchemical option which toggles this would be great.)

(Using \molecule as defined in the wiki is an alternative; your problem
was different as you wanted the symbol to follow the style of the
surrounding text. This would work as well here, but is actually the
solution for a different problem.)

Tobias,
who will now use \molecule{}.