[NTG-context] ConTeXt release 2007.03.19

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:44:38 CET 2007

On 3/22/07, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Oliver Buerschaper wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm afraid there still seems to be a problem with the XeTeX
> > engine ... try to compile the following (I guess you can choose
> > whichever OpenType font you have on your machine):
> >
> > ---
> >
> > \definetypeface[Caslon][rm][Xserif][Adobe Caslon Pro]
> > \setupbodyfont[Caslon,12pt]
> >
> > \starttext
> > \input tufte
> > \stoptext
> >
> > ---
> >
> > My machine spills out the following messages:
> >
> hm, hard to test here, how is Xserif and Adobe Caslon Pro Defined ... it looks like no filename comes through

The problem lies here:

\definefontsynonym[Dummy]          ['\typescripttwo:mapping=tex-text']
  [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyItalic]
['\typescripttwo/I:mapping=tex-text'] [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyBold]
['\typescripttwo/B:mapping=tex-text'] [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyBoldItalic]['\typescripttwo/BI:mapping=tex-text'][encoding=uc]

Some definitions have indeed been changed, but no keyword equivalent
for mapping has been introduced yet. (Adding file:, name:, ... broke
that functionality ...)

There is a workaround (quick fix) for this (at least it seems to work
here), but this is not a nice solution. You can add the following
definitions at the beginning of the document (or fix the corresponding
places; also for sans ad mono):

\starttypescriptcollection[xetex]

\starttypescript[Xserif][all][name]
\definefontsynonym[Dummy]          [name:\typescripttwo]    [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyItalic]    [name:\typescripttwo/I]  [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyBold]      [name:\typescripttwo/B]  [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyBoldItalic][name:\typescripttwo/BI] [encoding=uc]
\stoptypescript

\stoptypescriptcollection

\def\fontfilename#1{"#1:mapping=tex-text"}

But there is a meeting today anyway ...

Mojca