[NTG-context] Semi-verbatim

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Mar 25 23:20:11 CEST 2007

I have a situation where I wish to import a file and have the line
endings and the spaces honored as in \typefile. But I want any font
changes (e.g. \it) honored as well. I tried the plain TeX commands
\obeylines and \obeyspaces. The line endings and typeface changes
were honored but the spaces were not.

Is there a convenient way to do this? I can preprocess the file
through e.g. sed to patch in \crlf and hard spaces but this seems a
bit clumsy.

BTW this is text in columns. The length of every line is limited to 45
characters.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting