[NTG-context] Relationship among mptopdf, mpost and latex

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Mar 29 10:32:49 CEST 2007

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I remember that Hans claimed that texmfstart (or texexec) could be
> convinced to process LaTeX documents (and there is some mention of
> latex command in core indeed), but I never managed to make it work.

LaTeX has worked only in the very beginning, when I was still
using latex somewhat regularly, and afaik I was the only tester
of that code (Btw, that means texexec dates back to at least the
year 2000).

About mptopdf: something is definately wrong there, and it really
should be fixed. It is totally pointless when mptopdf processes
only context-based files properly, since these are the only ones
that do not _need_ mptopdf in the first place.

Taco