[NTG-context] Force all floats on opposite even pages

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Mar 30 11:09:18 CEST 2007

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
>>> What I would like is that all text is put on the odd pages (n), and
>>> that all floats are put on the opposite even pages (n-1).

It would be nice if this was supported by the output routine,
but it is not all that easy. I remember I had a document that had
the same requirement years ago, but I do not recall anoymore how
I solved it. Since it was short, possible I just did it all by
hand. The idea of that approach is that you do a test run to see
where TeX breaks the page, then force a page break at that point,
by breaking the input:

         bla bla bla bla

into

	bla bla{\parfillskip0pt\par\page}

         \noindent bla bla

Inbetween those two lines, you can now do anything you like.

Taco