[NTG-context] How to indent a paragraph

List Mail avatoon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 02:31:00 CEST 2007

Thanks to all that replied. Comments inline.

On 3/30/07, Steffen Wolfrum <context at st.estfiles.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:06:57 +0800, List Mail wrote:
> > I know this is a newbie question. However I have read the fine manual
> > (see below), and I still don't know how to indent a paragraph under
> > ConTeXt. The following code does NOT produce an indented paragraph.
> > Can somebody tell me what's wrong?
> >
> > % Begin ConTeXt code
> > \starttext
> >
> > \setupinterlinespace[2]
> > \setupindenting[medium]
>
> change this line (above) to
>
> \setupindenting[medium,yes]

Well, yes, this works. However, this isn't documented in *the manual*.

> > The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox
> > jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
> >
> > \stoptext
> > % End ConTeXt code
> > % processed using TeXExec version 6.2.0
> >
> > Also, could somebody point me to where I can download the latest
> > version of the ConTeXt manual. The best I could find using Google's
> > filetype:pdf site:pragma-ade.com is a document named "cont-eni.pdf".
>
> Yes, this is *the manual*.

Which says (on raw PDF page no. 65):

In your source file you can best use an empty line between paragraphs.
This increases readability and it makes the typing of \par at the end
of each paragraph obsolete. Indentation at every new paragraph is
obtained by:

\setupindenting[medium]

> You will find the whole family ("all manuals") here:
>
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/document-1.htm

If I remember correctly that was among the top hits I got from Google
in my search for ConTeXt documentation (I forgot the exact key words I
used). But as seems obvious from my present case, the documentation
appears to be out-of-date.

So is there a list of more up-to-date documentation that I can
download and read off-line? (My Internet connection at home is
limited, although for downloading I have access to high-speed Internet
cafes.) An up-to-date "cheat sheet" containing all commands and
options or arguments would be fine.