[NTG-context] default pdf version in the current ConTeXt release

Zhichu Chen zhichu.chen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:02:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

I don't know if it occurs to you ever, but once I update ConTeXt to the
current release, my pdf file could be opened by Acrobat reader and shows
several blank pages. But Foxit reader seems take it pretty well and
everything is showed like I imaged. I'm using Windows by the way.

Before I gave up Acrobat reader and turned to Foxit reader, I made my last
try: I put
\pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3
in my source file and the pdf file shows correctly in Acrobat reader now.
When I changed the number to 4, it shows with some problems. When I changed
it to 5 and higher, it shows only blank pages.

So, just FYI, I suppose the default pdf minor version is 5, and if you have
a display problem with your pdf files, try to make it lower.

--
Sincerely yours,
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com