[NTG-context] \pdfannot and \tooltip won't work with Chinese characters

Zhichu Chen zhichu.chen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:52:34 CEST 2007

Thanks Hans,

It works. But only the /Contents part was converted correctly, the /T part
is still not so good. So I redefined your \doPDFinsertcomment macro and
changed the third line from
========================
   \doifelsenothing{#1}
     {\let\PDFidentifier\empty}
     {\def\PDFidentifier{/T (#1)}}%
========================
========================
   \doifelsenothing{#1}
     {\let\PDFidentifier\empty}
     {\sanitizePDFencoding#1\to\PDFcommenttitle\def\PDFidentifier{/T
\ifPDFunicode <\PDFcommenttitle>\else (\PDFcommenttitle)\fi}}%
========================

Now it's OK for me. I hope there's a more clever way that I don't need to
copy such long codes to my source file.

On 4/17/07, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> Zhichu Chen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've been looking at some core codes and the PDF reference, still have
> no
> > idea.
> >
> > Somehow, I was told that LaTeX can do such things using "hyperref"
> > package
> > and \pdfstringdef\temp{???}, then \pdfannot{... /Contents(\temp) ...}
> > should
> > be OK.
> >
> can you try
>
> \PDFunicodetrue
>
> Hans

Sincerely yours,
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com