[NTG-context] definetypeface confusion

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:54:28 CEST 2007

2007/4/25, Patrick Gundlach <patrick at gundla.ch>:

> Hi there,
>
> I am a bit confused about \definetypeface. I try to mix some
> self-installed otf-fonts. Serif works fine, but I can't get the sans
> variant to work:
>
> \definetypeface [chaparral][rm][serif]
> [chaparral][default][encoding=texnansi]
> \definetypeface [myriad]   [ss][sans]  [myriad]
> [default][encoding=texnansi]
>
> \ss does not switch to myriad (instead, ConTeXt uses lmss), but \myriad
> does! So I think that the font is installed correctly and the
> typescript is not completely broken.
>
> How should the \setupbodyfont look like? My current setup is:
> \setupbodyfont[chaparral,14pt]
>
> What other information do you need?
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I'm myself not a font expert but one of the next two solutions should work.

\setupbodyfont[chaparral,myriad,14pt]

with your current \definetypeface settings

or

\definetypeface
[mytypeface][rm][serif][chaparral][default][encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mytypeface][ss][sans] [myriad]
[default][encoding=texnansi]

\setupbodyfont[mytypeface]

Gruß
Wolfgang