[NTG-context] crop pdf page via \externalfigure options

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Wed Apr 25 22:54:42 CEST 2007

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Is there a way to crop pdf page via \externalfigure options? (All the
> switches listed at TeXshow seem to scale an image, not to crop.)

It doesn't always seem to work for me (with various Windows-created
pdfs), but you can try this (example from texshow-web under
\externalfigure):

\externalfigure[whatever.pdf][size=artbox]

If I read contextgarden right, you also have the options

trimbox
cropbox
bleedbox

while "mediabox" is the default.

Hope this helps,

Mari
(still cropping her pdf figures with Adobe Acrobat, yuck)