[NTG-context] Dummy question about \externalfigure

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 28 20:46:10 CEST 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:55:19 +0300
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for dummy question, but why there is always no blank line BEFORE, but  there exists a blank line AFTER the \externalfigure?
> Even leaving a blank paragraph before and omitting it after the figure doesn't change anything. :(
>
> What is I want the opposite -- a blank line before and tight spacing after?
>
> Best,
> Vyatcheslav

Hi Vyatcheslav,

there is currently no option AFAIK to control the space before a figure
but you can define your own command to include your figures. A simple
one is:

\def\myfigure
  {\blank
   \dodoubleempty\externalfigure}

and you it in the following way:

\myfigure[test-1]

\myfigure[test-2][width=3cm]

The blank line is more a problem with the low level beviour of TeX as
seen in my next example.

\showgrid

\starttext

text

\ruledvbox to 2cm{\hsize8cm Text}

text

\stoptext

It has something to do with the lineheight of text.

Wolfgang