[NTG-context] Syntax highlighted output

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Apr 29 03:57:14 CEST 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Chris Rawnsley wrote:

> On 28/04/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:
>> Suppose you have a file called program.php. You create a batch file
>> that runs the texmfstart bin:vim ... line to create
>> program-vimsyntax.tmp file. Then in your ConTeXt code, you can say,
>>
>> \typevimfile[convert=no][program.php]
>
> Ah that's going to save me a bunch of time. Thank you.

I will need two three days to work on this.

>>> Just as a side note, is there a way to fix it so that line numberings
>>> are always on the left?
>>
>> \sesupvimtyping[numbering=on]
>
> I've done that. I should've been more clear sorry. I've setup my pages
> with the "alternative=doublesided" option. So for even numbered pages
> I have numbering in the left margin like I want, however, for odd
> pages it switches to the right side.

Right now, this is not possible. Let me see if I can add this feature.

>> By default, \tftt and \tt fonts are used for code listing. The easiest
>> way to change to a different font is to use it as your
>> default teletype font. If that is not possible, then you will need to
>> define a new colorscheme, along the lines of the default colorscheme,
>> but changing \v!mono with whatever font you want.
>
> Umm what's a teletype font for starters?

A fixed width font is also called a teletype font. By default, the
code listing should be in a fixed width font, so I thought that you
were talking about how to use a different fixed width font.

Aditya