[NTG-context] Wrong SRA3 papersize ?

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Fri May 4 11:59:46 CEST 2007

Am 2007-05-03 um 21:19 schrieb Willi Egger:

> Consider A4 which is portrait because of the grain direction
> (Laufrichtung) in the height. Otherwise A3 is two A4 and hence the
> grain direction is in the shorthand. - Generally speaking the
> graindirection is in the direction of the longer edge in all A-
> foomats with even numbers, including A0. - Looking in this way at RA3
> and SRA3 I would expect that the graindirection is also on the short
> side. Therefore The definition shoud be width=305 and height=430 mm
> and width=320 and height=450mm respectively.
>
> So Luigi you learned determination of the grain direction in Epen,
> please look this up in your two blocks!
>
> Kind regards Willi, the bookbinder ;-)

As a bookbinder you should know that you can get paper in both grain
directions (even if one's much more usual).

ISO definitions of paper sizes are always portrait.

see also http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PaperSizes
I never heard of RA/SRA sizes before (doubt that they're
standardized), but feel free to add them as soon as the wiki has moved.

Greetlings: Hraban, the printing engineer
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)