[NTG-context] differences of perl/ruby texexec

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Fri May 4 16:54:22 CEST 2007

Ahoi!

While processing my LilyPond/ConTeXt songbook, I experience still the
same behaviour as in 2006-10:

The checking, if a LilyPond buffer/temp file has changed, works only
with the old Perl texexec, the recent Ruby version creates/processes
the files only if they're missing completely and then still
uncomplete: after 20-some songs, some buffers get dropped, so that
LilyPond score and ConTeXt lyrics don't match.

But I can't simply use the Perl texexec, because that doesn't create
table of contents and references. Besides being much slower.

Looks like the workaround of first Perl, then Ruby gives the expected
result, but it's an annoyance.

Maybe it's only a problem of the LilyPond module, but I guess the
filechange check is somehow broken in the Ruby version.

What details should I provide to track the problem down?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/