[NTG-context] differences of perl/ruby texexec

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Fri May 4 20:58:57 CEST 2007

Am 2007-05-04 um 20:17 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> I usually find the output of texmfstart --verbose texexec --verbose
> to be
> useful in seeing what is going wrong. I think that the R module
> also uses
> the --ifchanged switch. If something has broken, it will also
> affect the R
> module.

Actually it was easy, and I remember to have that problem reported
when I enhanced the LilyPond module:

It says the following with *-1.tmp for every song, i.e. the counter
doesn't work in the Ruby version:
"""
TeXUtil | running texmfstart --ifchanged=prd_winternacht-
lilypond-1.tmp --exec bin:lilypond -b eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -
dinclude-eps-fonts prd_winternacht-lilypond-1.tmp
"""

In the module it's defined as:
"""
\global\advance\lily!figures\plusone
\edef\lily!filename{\bufferprefix lilypond-\the\lily!figures}
\edef\LP{texmfstart --ifchanged=\lily!filename.tmp --exec
bin:lilypond -b eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts \lily!
filename.tmp}
"""

I still don't understand a lot of TeX programming, so I've no clue.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/