[NTG-context] ConTeXt on Excursion: translations in the Garden

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at gmail.com
Tue May 8 19:42:02 CEST 2007

Hi all,

there is a new plant in the Garden:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_on_Excursion%2C_translations

It gathers translations of the beginner's manual ConTeXt on Excursion
(authors Ton Otten and Hans Hagen). Currently there exist Dutch,
English, and Czech versions. Czech version is a team work of translators
(Ján Buša, Jiří Hrbek, Martina Plachá, Petr Tesařík, and Vít Zýka)
supported by Czechoslovac TUG (CSTUG). We use as a model the English
version (although the original is the Dutch one). A reader can find
several additional sections dealing with localization and information
sources.

Non Czech readers have also some benefic as a side effect of this
project. The English version was slightly actualized and fixed some
bugs. All versions are acompanied by actual macro syntax and listed in
the command index.

Sources of all three versions are stored on the public SVN repository as
a part of the ConTeXt manual project
(https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextman/), administrated by
Taco. There is a makefile for an easy manual generation. It is ready for
adding new stuff/actualizing/fixing bugs and even for new language
translation. On the Garden page we can find breaf instructions for that.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Best reading
Vit