[NTG-context] texexec message suppression.

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Tue May 15 21:34:55 CEST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, John R. Culleton wrote:

> Routing all output to /dev/null is a trick that I use sometimes, but
> if the run errors off then it just hangs with no message.

Hello John,

you could check the exit code of texexec to decide whether to look into its
output or not. In a post-commit hook for svn for example, I use something
like this:
F=`mktemp`
if ! texexec -nonstopmode ... &>$F; then
   mailx -s "texexec failure" $user <$F
fi
rm -f $F

For me, the problem is another one: you get often no warning or error
messages at all from ConTeXt, for example for missing fonts, misspelled
key-value options etc.
So, after a negative "grep -i -e warn -e error texexec-output" you can't be
sure, that there aren't still some problems in your file.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/