[NTG-context] Draw chess board

Zhichu Chen zhichu.chen at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:40:20 CEST 2007

Thanks Wolfgang

The first link is very useful. I will took its idea. I really want to use
metapost's scantoken to read sgf file directly, so it can easily be a
cross-platform solution.

I'm not interested in the LaTeX package. It's against my original intention
because I want to draw the board by importing the sgf file rather than by
myself. But now I think manually input could be an option.

On 5/24/07, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2007/5/24, Zhichu Chen <zhichu.chen at gmail.com>:
> > Hi
> >
> > I love chess games, especially one kind of them which is generally
> called
> > Go.
> >
> > I know there is some file can store each details in one game:
> > http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/
> >
> > AFAIK, there is no module available to draw chess in ConTeXt now. I
> wanna do
> > this by using MetaPost and fieldstack. But I don't know how to tell
> metapost
> > the details of the sgf file. Can anyone give me a suggestion?
> >
> > BTW, I don't like the name. It's invented by acient Chinese and it's
> called
> > Weiqi. I think we can call it Siege Chess in English.
> >

> > --
> > Best Regards
> > Chen
>
> Hi Chen,
>
> if you mean Go take a look at the following page:
>
> http://match.stanford.edu/bump/go.html
>
> There are also two packages on CTAN for LaTeX:
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/bytopic.html#gamesgo
>
> Wolfgang

Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com