[NTG-context] [OT] dblatex
nicolas.marsgui at libertysurf.fr
Wed May 30 00:44:06 CEST 2007
On Tue, 29 May 2007 22:31:08 +0200, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com>
> On 5/29/07, nico <nicolas.marsgui at libertysurf.fr> wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:11:57 +0200, luigi scarso
>> <luigi.scarso at gmail.com>
>> > http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/
>> > DocBook to LaTeX/ConTeXt Publishing Does anyone know something about
>> it ?
>> Do you have precise questions?
> dbcontext-0.2pre.tar.bz2 : 11 Sep 06
> dblatex-0.2.5.tar.bz2:27 Apr 07
> It seems that dccontext is stopped.
Not really stopped, rather dormant. The main reasons are:
- Context moves so much, and my system is so screwed up, that I cannot
update to a recent context release.
- There are very few users interested by dbcontext and then few bug
reports or update demands.
- There are some big fishes asking for latex solutions (gimp, kde docs).
- Few users are ready to switch from latex to context, at least because of
install troubles and dependencies.
- I can hardly convince people to use context if the context version
suggested in the release note is not available from context site (it was
before the foundry museum).
I still think context overclasses latex, but its systematic refactoring
and use of emergent/latest software have their drawbacks, for end users,
but for tools depending on it too.
But I believe that with the new context versioning scheme, the debian and
Peter Munster packaging efforts, it can become more popular. Of course, I
need to update my machine too ;-)
More information about the ntg-context