[NTG-context] partial hz ?

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Jun 11 01:31:43 CEST 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hz justification brings better results, sometimes (most paragraphs
> don't change), but the entire typesetting is generally slow down
> with hz almost by factor 2. Thus I'd like to have a a kind of
> "partial hz" that I can use on selected paragraphs only.

A factor of 2 is good :) For my document, hanging punctuation slows
down things a LOT (from 10 sec for three runs, to 60 secs for three
runs). What I usually do is to use no protrusion for test runs, and
add protrusion when I really have to make the final document. This can
be done easily using something like

\startmode[final]
   \usetypescript[serif][hanging][normal]
\stopmode

\usetypescript[mainface][texnansi]

\doifmode{final}{\setupalign   [hanging]}

Then add --mode=final flag to texexec when I want protrusion.

> I hoped it should work like this:

Sorry, no idea about this.

Aditya