[NTG-context] How to align numerals in lists on the dot or paranthesis that follows the numeral?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jun 25 09:00:26 CEST 2007

Hamid Kamrani wrote:

> Taco, I very much appreciate your solution. It allows me to continue
> for now but I humbly ask, in fact, beg to have a solution built in the
> core of ConTeXt.

See the attached file how to make a special version of itemize
that has default behaviour like you want. I could have used
\setupitemgroup[itemize] directly instead, but I assume you don't
want your bullet lists right aligned as well.

Since ConTeXt cannot know beforehand how wide the number space
should be (neither do eplain and latex), the 'width' key has to
be a fixed quantity, but you can still change all of the default
parameters where you call \startenumerate, just like you did
before with \startitemize, so that should be only a minor
nuisance.

I do agree it would be better if the core was extended so that
the two setups were not necessary.

Best wishes,
Taco