[NTG-context] fancyhdr equivalent

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Jul 2 13:18:02 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> 2007/7/2, Peter I. Hansen <peterih at gmail.com>:
>> Thanks, this works for me. One thing though, I would like to turn the
>> framing off on pages where a chapter begins. I tried
>> \setuphead[chapter][header=empty], but this just gives me
>> an empty frame.
>>  Is there a way to selectively turn of backgounds on for example chapter
>> pages?
>
> \setuphead
>  [chapter]
>  [%before={\blank[force,\dimexpr\headerheight+\headerdistance\relax]},
>   header=high]

And incase you only want to get rid of the frame:

\setupbackgrounds[state=repeat]
\setupbackgrounds[header][text][background=whatever]
\defineoverlay[whatever][{\framed[width=\overlaywidth,height=\overlayheight]{}}]
\couplepage[chapter][before={\defineoverlay[whatever][]}]
\setuphead[chapter][before={\pagetype[chapter]}]
\starttext
  \chapter{First} \page test \chapter{second} \page test

Aditya