[NTG-context] Some minor issus

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sun Jul 22 19:50:46 CEST 2007

Hello Steffen,

you should provide examples how you do things, otherwise we'd have to
guess.

> First, some of my URLs within footnotes are wider as the textwidth. Is
> there a way to force a line break other than defining break points for
> each of it? Maybe even with a nice symbol identicating the forced break?

Perhaps this thread helps?
http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20041206.211906.9dc6aa4d.en.html#20041206.211906.9dc6aa4d

> Second problem is the formatting of the in text references. it would be
> nice if there is a way they were not bold. I tried different things with
> \setupreferencing but the text stayed bold. I could not find something
> in regards to this topic in the manual or in the wiki.

I don't know references (never used them), but could this be due to
interaction? Put style=\tf in \setupinteraction. But this is just a
wild guess.

> My thrid problem is, how can I force context not to continue footnotes
> on another page?

Sorry, no idea. Somebody else?

> And a similar thing ... how can I achieve that there are always at least
> two lines of a paragraph on each page if this paragraph is split between
> two pages. I tried \clubpenalty and \widowpenalty as well as
> \def\defaultwidowpenalty and \def\defaultclubpenalty. But I am not
> really sure what the numbers identicate. I guess not the lines ...

No, not the line numbers. It is a TeX concept called 'penalty' where
high positive numbers represents 'very bad'. The default in ConTeXt is
2000, which is pretty high. Maximum is 10000 (= infinity). Perhaps you
need to play with \brokenpenalty as well, which tells TeX how bad it
is to break a page at a line with a hyphen.

But perhaps you could provide an example.

Patrick