[NTG-context] problem with mp clip

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jul 22 22:25:59 CEST 2007

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems, that clipping with a MetaPost path is broken (at least on my
> machine). I couldn't test it on Contextgarden, as the standard example
> pictures are not installed (or the !!path is not searched).
>
> Anyhow, if someone can test this please.

has to do with the changed mp output ... in supp-mps.tex change this ...

\bgroup
\catcode`\%=\@@active
\catcode`\/=\@@comment
\gdef\dograbMPclippath/
   {\setbox\scratchbox=\hbox\bgroup/
    \catcode`\%=\@@active
    \obeylines\let\obeyedline\space
    \def\do##1q n##2p W##3\od/
      {\xdef\MPclippath{##2}\endinput}/
    \def%##1%%EOF/
      {\do##1q np W\od\endinput}/
    \readfile{\MPgraphicfile.\the\currentMPgraphic}{}{}/
    \ifx\MPclippath\empty
      \def\do##1newpath##2closepath##3\od/
        {\xdef\MPclippath{##2}\endinput}/
      \def%##1%%EOF/
        {\do##1newpathclosepath\od\endinput}/
      \readfile{\MPgraphicfile.\the\currentMPgraphic}{}{}/
    \fi
    \deallocateMPslot\currentMPgraphic / new
    \egroup}
\egroup

keep in mind that it's still a dirty trick