[NTG-context] adventor

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Aug 6 10:51:34 CEST 2007

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> I must admit that I find this a bit frustrating. The tex-gyre font
> project looks so promising, but users need a simpler syntax to use
> the fonts (I know we want need this anymore with luatex, but it needs
> to be fixed anyway).

This type of patch to type-gyr.tex should help:

-\starttypescript[serif][palatino][ec,texnansi,cs,el,qx,rm,t5,t2a,t2b,t2c,l7x]
+\starttypescript[serif][palatino,pagella][ec,texnansi,cs,el,qx,rm,t5,t2a,t2b,t2c,l7x]

(you can't define a typeface for an undefined typescript).

Hans doesn't like avantgarde, so for you adventor you will have
to create a completely new typescript, as it was never previously
defined in the core.

Cheers,
Taco

> pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file ec.map): cannot open font map file
> fonts           : using map file: special
> {/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/map/fontname/special.map

FYI: This is *not* a font map file, despite it's name. The loading gets
triggered by mistake due to this line in type-ini.tex:

\usetypescript[#3,\t!map][#4][\t!name,\t!default,\typefaceencoding,\t!special]%