[NTG-context] Background image

Pascal de Bruijn pmjdebruijn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:23:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 13:02 +0200, Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi Pascal,
>
> I spend more than one hour on this, to find a clean solution. So please
> add this to the wiki.

I will when I'm more comfortable with ConTeXt.

> And if you can, send my a copy of the nice background image (never mind
> if not). I felt in love with this, while testing your example.

I'm sorry, it's a commercial image. I don't own the copyright. However
it can be purchased at high resolution (color) for an affordable price:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/people_specific_attributes/race/mixed_background/3259587_old_paper_xxl.php?id=3259587

I hope the link doesn't break, if it does search for "Old Paper XXL".
iStockPhoto has lots of really good artwork available at reasonable
prices.

> Anyhow, the cut markings are still lying under the picture (Hans?),
> the rest should work. The automatical scaling of the image uses a tricky
> method from this mailing list
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070719.232314.12cb4f5f.en.html

Indeed, it would be nicer to have the cropmarks on top. Though this is
not essential to me. Lulu.com actually doesn't want crop marks.

> Best wishes, Peter
>
> BTW: do you set a bleed|crop-box?

No clue? How do I do that? What does it do?

Basically Lulu will print a 9.25"x6.25" image onto their paper. Then a
centered 9"x6" page will be cut from that. This way full bleed print is
achieved.

Though I'm still wondering about one thing: What's better in my case
\printpapersize or \overlaysize?

Thanks for your excellent help,
Pascal de Bruijn

--