[NTG-context] OpenType in ConTeXt

Pascal de Bruijn pmjdebruijn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:20:34 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 09:45 +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Can anybody lend me some aid?
>
> You could use otfinstall to install your opentype fonts.
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/otfinstall

I already noticed that script, however... It seems texfont already has
support for OpenType. It has the --preproc and --lcdf parameters.

After running:

texfont --makepath --install -en=texnansi --ve=adobe
--co=adobegaramondpro --preproc --lcdf

It generated these files:

/opt/texlive/texmf-local/fonts$ ls -1 tfm/adobe/adobegaramondpro/
texnansi-AGaramondPro-Regular--base.tfm
texnansi-AGaramondPro-Regular--lcdfj.tfm
texnansi-AGaramondPro-Regular.tfm
texnansi-AGaramondPro-Semibold--base.tfm
texnansi-AGaramondPro-Semibold--lcdfj.tfm
texnansi-AGaramondPro-Semibold.tfm
/opt/texlive/texmf-local/fonts$ ls -1 type1/adobe/adobegaramondpro/
AGaramondPro-Regular.pfb
AGaramondPro-Semibold.pfb

Why should I use otfinstall instead of texfont, besides the fact that
texfont doesn't work? Is texfont incomplete? Or am I doing something
wrong? What are the advantages/downsides of both?

--
http://blog.pcode.nl/
http://www.linkselente.nl/