[NTG-context] mkiv goes beta

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 7 09:25:18 CEST 2007

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hans Hagen schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> ConTeXt MKiV goes beta.
>>
> no big problems on windows. only
>
> - texmfstart.exe is missing in the binaries

i noticed this, somehow there is/was a problem with the ruby to exe
conversion

> - pdftex should be updated to 1.40.5

will happen in due time, i don;t generate binaries myself and have to
fetch them -)

> - luatools.lua: (e)shell output needs a crlf after the last line (prompt
> is printed directly after the runtime output)

there is actually a

if environment.platform == "unix" then
     io.write("\n")
end

at the end of luatools

> - the default font sizes for latin modern differ in pdftex (t1) and
> luatex (otf); but I still haven't updated the texmf-subtree..

hm, i hav eto look into that

> i have tested one of my bigger docs and all worked fine. also luatex
> runs without any problems (after i changed all encodings from iso-latin
> to utf-8).

good to hear that