[NTG-context] font installation in luatex

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky yatskovsky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 21:08:19 CEST 2007

Hello,

Have a problem with commercial font installation in luatex.

I have a collection of Adobe Caslon Pro font files:
ACaslonPro-Bold.otf
ACaslonPro-BoldItalic.otf
ACaslonPro-Italic.otf
ACaslonPro-Regular.otf
ACaslonPro-Semibold.otf
ACaslonPro-SemiboldItalic.otf

Arthur said that luatex cannot see system fonts (i.e. those installed in Windows), as XeTeX do, so I copied the font to texmf -- "...\tex\texmf\fonts\opentype\Adobe Caslon Pro" folder of mswincontext. (It was just my guess).

"luatools ACaslonPro-Regular.otf" shows the right path, so I assumed that luatex can find it.

I declared this font using rather naive approach (XeTeX-inspired):

\definetypeface
  [myface][rm][Serif]
  [{ACaslonPro-Regular}]
\setupbodyfont
  [myface, 14pt]

But this doesn't work. At the moment I'd be happy if can setup regular and italic, but have not an idea how to achieve it. Help me, please.

--
Best regards,
 Vyatcheslav                          mailto:yatskovsky at gmail.com