[NTG-context] Difference between MKIV and MKII

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Aug 10 18:51:20 CEST 2007

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hans Hagen schrieb:
>> Peter Rolf wrote:

>>> stupid me. this is otf :)
>>>
>>> http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_font_formats.html
>> the lm 12 file says ...
>>
>>   ["design_size"]=0,
>>   ["familyname"]="LMRoman12",
>>   ["fontname"]="LMRoman12-Regular",
>>   ["fullname"]="LMRoman12-Regular",
>>
>> so it looks like we have a problem there; in that case mkiv assumes 10pt
>>
> i see. which format is used for "design_size"? i tried "12", but i still
> get 10pt. "12pt" gives a compilation warning (using luac); i should use
> texluac, right? :D

120

but there's also a problem in the loader (in font-otf)

         local designsize = data.designsize or data.design_size or 100
         if designsize == 0 then
             designsize = 100
         end
         tfm.designsize         = (designsize/10)*65536

i'll upload a new zip later

i made a mechanism that can 'repair fonts' so lm is fixed (well, the
error is intercepted