[NTG-context] mimimal typescripting

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky yatskovsky at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 17:20:13 CEST 2007

Dear Hans,

I fully understand that such complex typescripts can be the only way to use full-featured professional fonts.  But if I have only one ttf with one kind of typeface in it, should I write it all? XeTeX style was very appealing for many people, and verbose font definitions may distract these users.

But anyway, thank you for escaping us from TeX-specific font hell :)

Let me restate my question: is the following definition is really MINIMAL or it can be further reduced in some way?

 \starttypescript [serif] [vladimirscript]
    \definefontsynonym [Serif][name:vladimir][features=default]
 \stoptypescript
 \starttypescript [vladimirscript]
     \definetypeface [vladimirscript] [rm] [serif] [vladimirscript] [default]
 \stoptypescript

\usetypescript[vladimirscript]
\setupbodyfont
    [vladimirscript, 12pt]