[NTG-context] magazine demo hangs forever

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Aug 12 18:20:53 CEST 2007

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, luigi scarso wrote:

> On 8/12/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/12/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear Luigi,
>>>
>>> Sorry, I overlooked that \startstext \stoptext pair.  :o)
>>>
>>> Believe it or not, but the working script produces... texmfstart
>>> texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex text of a white paper! I expected
>>> to get magazine demo.  :o)

Well, some drawback of reading the documentation in source. See
http://www.logosrl.it/context/modules/current/singles/s-ptj-01_ebook.pdf
(thanks to Luigi) and the example on
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules/Pracjourn

>> ah, ok.
>> $> texmfstart texexec --luatex --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
>> does not compile well on my box, I believe fonts problem  .

The practex module uses tex gyre pagella fonts. So you need to have
the fonts in your distribution. I have not tested them with luatex
yet.

> Same problem with
> $> texmfstart texexec --pdf  --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex

This works here with old context (2007.07.24 14:36 MKII)

> Also
> $> texmfstart texexec --luatex  --module s-ptj-01.tex
> doesn't work

Do not have luatex on this machine.

> but
> $> texmfstart texexec --pdf --module s-ptj-01.tex
> it's ok.

This also works correctly with the old context. I will be at a machine
with uptodate context tomorrow and will check what is going wrong.

Aditya