[NTG-context] Installing MKiv

Jean Magnan de Bornier jm.bornier at free.fr
Sun Aug 12 21:21:17 CEST 2007

luigi wrote:
| > Hi all, Following nice reports I read on the list as well as the mag-12
| > instructions I installed a context minimal linux distribution and
| > lua-5.1.2.
| hmm, try
| http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.tar.gz
>
| > % engine=luatex
| > \starttext
| > Hello from luatex
| > \blank
| > LUA
| > \startlua
| > a = 1.5
| > b = 1.8
| > c = a*b
| > tex.print(c)
| > \stoplua
| > \stoptext
| on a linux box
| $>texmfstart texexec --pdf test.tex
| compile well.
| Are you under linux ?

Yes, I ought to have said that first!!

Now here is what I tried just now:

1/ reinstall lua by hand
2/ remove everything in /usr/local context, and unzip again justtex and
linuxtex
3/ rename /usr/local/texlive to some name unknown from my path (surely
wasn't necessary, but let's try anything...)
4/ edit setuptex and defined $TMP and $TEXMFCACHE there
5/ . setuptex
6/ texexec --make --all --pdftex
7 /texexec --make --all --xetex
8/ texexec --make --all --luatex
9/ luatools --generate
10/ luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en

And again, context complains the same way:

TeXExec | unable to fix backend map path
TeXExec | running: luatools --fmt=cont-en test.tex

LuaTools | using format name /tmp/luatex-cache/context/formats/cont-en.fmt
LuaTools | no luc/lua with name /tmp/luatex-cache/context/formats/cont-en
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.12 seconds
TeXUtil | unable to locate test.tui

actually then, even pdftex is broken!

I'm certainly missing something obvious?
--
Jean