[NTG-context] trouble generating mkiv format

Hans van der Meer hansm at science.uva.nl
Mon Aug 13 22:01:01 CEST 2007

On generating the format with "luatools --ini --compile --verbose
cont-en" I got this error:
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=93529].

It seems that the setting of TEXMFCNF given in mag12 (/tex/texmf-
local/web2c) was insufficient for getting the setup parameters for
TeX format generation.

For my texlive setup I translated the mag12 entry into:
TEXMFCNF="{/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c,/usr/local/texlive/
2007/texmf/web2c}"

But at least I needed:
TEXMFCNF="{/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c,/usr/local/texlive/
2007/texmf/web2c}"
I hope others may profit from this observation.

By the way, the following seems very strange as luatools tells me:
LuaTools | loading /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
LuaTools | skipping /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf

The name of the file in the context distribution however is "/usr/
local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c/context.cnf" but it is not searched for!
COULD THIS BE A MISNOMER, either in a script or in the file name?

Hans van der Meer