[NTG-context] Learning ConTeXt

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:52:59 CEST 2007

On 8/20/07, Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed <saji at apcc21.net> wrote:

> [...]
> And then there is the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net

Highly recommended.

> I think the best way to learn is by trying to make the document you want
> in ConTeXt and asking questions to the mailing list when you cannot figure out
> how to do it.

Another strategy is to find a document that can serve as a template for
what you need.   The wiki provides examples of fragments to do a particular
task, and there are lots of examples of complete documents available,
including the pdftex manual and various slide presentations.

> * Istvan Hollerbach <hollerbi at gmail.com> [2007-08-20 12:24:04 +0200]:
>
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > I want to learn ConTeXt, but 'cont-enp.pdf' and 'mp-cb-en.pdf' do not
> > explain many things in detail, for example the parameters of command
> > \setuplayout on the page 24 of cont-enp.pdf. Or am I careless? How shall
> > I start to learn? And how shall I go on learning?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Istvan Hollerbach

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia