[NTG-context] mkiv update - section problem

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 21 18:08:15 CEST 2007

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After updating I have the following problem. The first section sticks to contents. This effect was not present until update.
>
> %engine=luatex
> \starttext
> \placecontent
>
> \section{Background}
>
> Bla-bla-bla
>
> Bla-bla-bla
>
> \section{Features Overview}
>
> Bla-bla-bla
> \stoptext

seems that the collapser is too eager; you can test this with:

\ctxlua {
	callback.register('vpack_filter',     nil)
	callback.register('buildpage_filter', nil)
}

i fixed it, but this is one of the areas where testing is needed;

next on my agenda is to implement an extended vertical spacing model;
actually it is already active, but we need a higher level interface, like:

\defineblank[mine][category=1,priority=5,skip=10pt,penalty=10000]

penalty
	largest wins
priority
	highest wins
categories
	discard
	only if larger
	force even if smaller,
	only take penalty component
	add to existing skip

by combining skips and penalties this mechanism provides much more
control over page breaks

new zips uploaded