[NTG-context] Lilypond MKIV, pstopdf, sysctl errors?

David Wooten dw at trichotomic.net
Mon Aug 27 05:55:24 CEST 2007

On Aug. 26, 2007, at Aug 26, 6:44 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On 8/27/07, David Wooten wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> In trying to run Mojca's latest Lilypond extension with MKIV (on an
>> Intel Mac), I've been receiving the errors after pstopdf is run,
>> which I've never seen before:
>>
>> ***
>>
>> sysctlbyname_with_pid: sysctl  failed:Operation not permitted
>> is_pid_native: sysctlbyname_with_pid  failed:Operation not permitted
>>
>> ***
>
> According to google this seems to be mac-specific problem, and the
> first think that comes to my mind are problems with GhostScript during
> conversion. (http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/
> Conceptual/universal_binary/universal_binary.pdf)
>
> How did you install GhostScript?
> Try "which gs", "gs --version" and "gs" alone to check some more
> details about the version.

It seems most likely that I installed GhostScript via Gerben's i-
installer.

 From apple's Terminal.app:

***

~ $ which gs
/usr/local/bin/gs

~ $ gs --version
8.57

~ $ gs
GPL Ghostscript 8.57 (2007-05-11)
Copyright (C) 2007 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.

***

Best,
David