[NTG-context] lost after upgrade

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 23:04:28 CEST 2007


On 8/27/07, Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier at free.fr> wrote:

> Le 27 août à 17:29:24 "George N. White III" <gnwiii at gmail.com> écrit notamment:
>
> | Did you do the step of finding and removing all the old .fmt files?
> >
> | On my system, fmtuil-sys puts the cont-en.fmt formats in
> | texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/ and texmf-var/web2c/xetex/,
> | but the context tools put them under texmf-config, so it
> | is all easy to end up with multiple versions of the .fmt files.
>
> OK, things are back to normal now after I removed cont-en.fmt and
> cont-nl.fmt from my home ~/.texlive2007/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex and /xetex,
> I still don't see where this problem came from as it is not the first time
> I did an update.

The format files in ~/.texlive2007 are generated by fmtutil --all.   I
try to remember
to use fmtutil-sys --all so they go in texmf-var.

> The files were not recreated by texexec --make --all.
>

I doubt texexec knows about ~/.texlive2007 -- that was done so individual users
on multi-user systems could make "personal" formats without the need for the
intervention of an adminstrator.   For safety you might want to
disable context in
the fmtutil configuration.  I tend  to do a fair bit of pdftex testing
so it is convenient to get the cont-en format when I build the others.

-- 
George N. White III <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia


More information about the ntg-context mailing list