[NTG-context] cont-en.fmt

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 01:19:30 CEST 2007

On 8/28/07, Istvan Hollerbach wrote:
> Dear Mojca,
>
> I could save tex.pro only in the directory C:\Program
> Files\ConTeXt\isoimage\usr\local\context\tex\texmf-local\dvips\, because
> only in the directory 'texmf-local' is directory 'dvips'.
> I use mswincontext.zip. It is a 2007-08-08 15:12 version on Windows XP
> Professional Hungarian SP2.
> The messages are in cmd.exe window:
>
> Microsoft Windows XP [verziószám: 5.1.2600]
> (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
>
> c:\Program
> Files\ConTeXt\isoimage\usr\local\context\tex\texmf-mswin\bin>texexec
> --make --all
> TeXExec | using search method 'kpsewhich'
> TeXExec | updating file database
> Cannot open c:/Program
> Files/ConTeXt/isoimage/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-projec
> t/ls-R to write.
> mktexlsr: Updating c:/Program
> Files/ConTeXt/isoimage/usr/local/context/tex/texmf
> -fonts/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: Updated c:/Program
> Files/ConTeXt/isoimage/usr/local/context/tex/texmf/
> ls-R.
> Cannot open /varfonts/ls-R to write.
> mktexlsr: Done.
> TeXExec | using tex engine pdftex
> TeXExec | using tex format path c:/Program
> Files/ConTeXt/isoimage/usr/local/cont
> ext/tex/texmf-local/web2c/pdftex
> TeXExec | generating tex format cont-en

Here a TeX run is missing.

> TeXExec | generating tex format cont-nl
> TeXExec | generating tex format mptopdf
> TeXExec | using mp engine mpost
> TeXExec | using mps format path .
> TeXExec | generating mps format metafun
> TeXExec |
> TeXExec | tex engine path: c:/Program
> Files/ConTeXt/isoimage/usr/local/context/t
> ex/texmf-local/web2c/pdftex
> TeXExec | mps engine path: .
> TeXExec |
> TeXExec |
> TeXExec | runtime: 0.484

This means that no formats have been generated since you should get a
lengthy TeX run inbetween. Does it make any difference if you move the
whole isoimage to C:\ directly? It might be that the space in path
name is causing problems, but I'm not sure.

I just tried the following (although I don't have any windows around):

cd /tmp
mkdir "bla bla"
cd "bla bla"
ln -s path-to-context mycontext
cd mycontext
. setuptex
texexec --make --all

and got
    ruby: No such file or directory -- /tmp/bla (LoadError)

(Because it's "bla bla", not "bla".)
But this has failed already one step before yours.

(Besides that: are your folders write-protected? Since mktexlsr
complains about "unable to write to ...")

Mojca