[NTG-context] fonts from scratch: what's the way?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Sep 5 03:11:28 CEST 2007

> Of course, but I have to say that I wasn't able to find an
> introductory document explaining the whole stuff from the beginning.

  There is no such thing, because there is not one beginning. “Fonts” is
far too generic a concept anyway, and can probably not be covered within
one single document (actually it can, but then it's one thousand pages
thick).

  I still find that mfonts.pdf is a good starting point for most uses,
though.

> Nothing of course :) I was joking. But as the first page of the wiki
> is the starting point for many beginner, well, I would say that the
> second paragraph is misplaced.

  Feel free to modify it, then. It is a wiki.

> Starting from its title it seems to suggest that mark IV is what you
> need in order to run ConTeXt, so go and download it.

  I think the ConTeXt community can deal with that small amount of
publicity and incentive so I don't agree; but again, this is a wiki,
every constructive contribution is welcome. The “What is ConTeXt?”
article could be enhanced a lot, anyway.

	Arthur