[NTG-context] backward compatibility broken !

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 13:38:52 CEST 2007

2007/9/10, Steffen Wolfrum <context at st.estfiles.de>:
> Hi Taco,
>
> Am 10.09.2007 um 11:26 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
>
> > Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I need to re-typeset an *old* book (from January 2004).
> >>
> >> Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore with ConTeXt  ver: 2007.08.09
> >> 13:04 MKII:
> >
> > Fetch
> >
> >    http://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/download.php/87/cont-tmf-20041217.zip
> >
> > This is exactly what the museum is for.
>

> First:
> Great – the old books are saved!
> (Jesus Christ ... )
>

> Second:
> The "| was extremely important for contexting german texts (because
> of our huge amount of false ligatures).
> Why is it not supported anymore (or at least replaced)??
>
> Steffen

Hi Steffen,

this did also work in a current ConTeXt but " is no longer a active
character and you have to enable this feature by yourself.

\useencoding[fde]
\mainlanguage[de]
\starttext
erste beruf"|liche Laufbahn
\stoptext

You should write now in your documents "erste beruf|*|liche Laufbahn".

Wolfgang