[NTG-context] need help for the installation of luatools

Dalyoung Jeong haksan at mac.com
Thu Sep 13 03:02:48 CEST 2007

Dear Thomas,

How careless I am! and sorry not to give you a sufficient information.
As you said, lua!=luatex.

I downloaded and installed luatex in the folder /usr/texbin.
I also copied it as texlua.

Now,  It seems to me that luatools is working without the previous
error.
However, there is a problem of doing "luatools --generate" yet
because I used TeXlive based on the gwTeX distribution.

LuaTools | skipping /texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf
LuaTools | skipping /texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.05 seconds
apple:~ dalyoung$ luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en

LuaTools | version 1.1.1 - 2006+ - PRAGMA ADE / CONTEXT

LuaTools | skipping configuration for /texmf-local/web2c from /Users/
dalyoung/luatex-cache/context/trees/d80510d450a3fa2a64df4d3741825f1d
LuaTools | skipping configuration for /texmf/web2c from /Users/
dalyoung/luatex-cache/context/trees/3113242409ded67a0ad7bd508bd26609
LuaTools | no tex file with name cont-en.tex
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.05 seconds

In my gwTeX, texmf.cnf is located in geTeX folder which also included
the folders {texmf, texmf.gwtex. texmf.local, texmf.pkgs,
texmf.texlive}, but neither in texmf.local/web2c nor in texmf/web2c.
Also, context is installed in the folder texmf.pkgs/tex/context

I think that it cause the problem.
Is it a real cause of the above problem?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung