[NTG-context] Re :luatex:first steps

Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wwl at musensturm.de
Fri Sep 14 21:26:21 CEST 2007

Hi Wolfgang,

> > I have installed the newest windows standalone context package.
> >
> > My first try was with this snippet, found as 'test-2' at
> > luatex.org:
> >
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> > \lua {tex.print("$\string\\sqrt{2} = " .. math.sqrt(2) .. "$")}
> > \luatex {tex.print("$\string\\sqrt{2} = " .. math.sqrt(2) ..
> "$")}
> > \rescan{\lua{tex.print("$\string\\sqrt{2} = " .. math.sqrt(2) ..
> > "$")}}
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> >
> > but \luatex is unknown. After commenting line 2
> > I get a TeX prompt (*) and after some \end's I got the result.
> >
> > Should this work in this way?
>
> replace \luatex with \cxtlua

And what about the nonstoping \rescan? I don't understand this
example. The output is identical for the three variants. Does it mean
that they are all equivalent? What should \rescan do?
What happend with the command \luatex? Does it not longer exist?

> > And with this
> >
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> > % coding: utf-8
> >
> > \mainlanguage[deo]
> > \enableregime[utf]
> >
> > \usetypescript[palatino][texnansi]
> > \setupbodyfont[palatino,rm,12pt]
> >
> > \starttext
> > Bla {\bf blub}
> > \stoptext
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> >
> > I get the error
> >
> > ----------------------------------
> > error >> define font: font with name texgyrepagella-regular is
> not
> > found.
> > <to be read again>
> >                    \relax
> > \xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
> >                                                   \let
> > \localrelativefontsiz...
> > \fontstrategy ...me \fontclass #2#3#4#5\endcsname
> >
> \tryingfontfalse
> > \fi
> > <inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize
> >                                                   \fi
> \iftryingfont
> > \fontstr...
> > \synchronizefont ...strategy \the \fontstrategies
> >                                                   \relax \fi
> > \iftryingfont \...
> > <argument> \getvalue {\@style@ \fontstyle }
> >                                            \edef \fontstyle
> > {\fontstyle }\if...
> > l.7 \setupbodyfont[palatino,rm,12pt]
> > ----------------------------------
> >
> > Palatino is installed!
> > What should I do to use Palatino not Pagella, which obviously is
> not
> > installed?
> >
> > Wolfgang
>
> You need the TeXgyre fonts for MkIV because palatino is mapped to
> pagella.

Why is it not possible to use palatino? The font is installed by
default, Pagella is not. There should be a fallback to palatinno in
this case.

Wolfgang