[NTG-context] Greek in luatex

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Sep 17 01:12:40 CEST 2007

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi Arthur, Taco,
>
> you're my heroes! Changing the order of the lookup tables in the .fea
> file actually took care of the problem. Thanks for looking into this,
> now I get the results I was expecting; every substitution is applied
> to the font! Once the initial lookup has been done, this is
> reasonably fast, too, so I like it. I'm eagerly waiting for teh new
> release next week to see if this works with copy-and-past from pdfs.
> So this appears to be one way to deal with ASCII input a la babel.
> Easy to implement, but fails on fonts that don't have the glyphs for
> the Latin characters.

arthur mentions the final sigma in the fea file .. can be a (part of)
feature too (like fina)

> One trivial question: when I want to experiment with feature files,
> the cached instance of the font seems to be in the way. Only after
> deleting the current luatex-cache, regenerating it and recompiling
> the format do I get proper results. Is there an easier/faster way to
> do this?

jumping the version number of the otf handler will force this, but this
is a bad idea; also, caching is fast because no file checking has to be
done, so deleting cached files (just the one you test) is the price you
pay when developing a font (fea) file

btw, the fea file can be part of the distribution (but we need to think
of a naming scheme)