[NTG-context] Spacing between formula and texts

Zhichu Chen zhichu.chen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:30:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

I happened to review the output of my article and found one thing which is
not perfect for me. The spacing between a formula and its upper texts is not
treated well when I tuned with some indent things. Here is my test file
\usemodule[units]

\setupindenting[big]
\indenting[always,next]
% no, not, yes, always, never, first, next

% \setupformulas[spacebefore=5em]

\starttext

Blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
I love the following formula:
\placeformula[-]
  \startformula
    6.670 \times 10^{-11} \Newton \Times \Square \Meter \Per \Square \Kilo
\Gram
  \stopformula
which is very cool.
which is very cool.
which is very cool.
which is very cool.
which is very cool.

% \showmathcharacters

\stoptext

I'm really uncomfortable with that, and I want to solve it by myself. When I
looked up the indent macros in core-spa.tex, how complex is that. So I just
hope you guys could help me.

--
Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com