[NTG-context] waiting for mswincontext

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 19:26:27 CEST 2007

> > can you also add ini files for the plain TeX formats with XeTeX, pdfTeX
>
> Hey, you lot! They are supposed to be "minimals". If you suggest adding
> something, I really think you should suggest removing something at the
> same time :-)

But I would agree that it would be nice to be able to run plain
(pdf)TeX and plain metapost with minimals. To be honest, almost
everything is there already, with the only exception that the formats
aren't generated automatically as they are in TeX Live for example.

Having pdftex.fmt, xetex.fmt and mpost.mem generated automatically
would be great, and not much overhead. (Perhaps a file or two are
needed for xetex.fmt, not much more.

Mojca